LOVE GOD LOVE PEOPLE LOVE LIFE
I trust you have overcome this very hot weekend.What a great start to the year with our Empowering Women’s Celebrations 2017 kindly being held at the home of Sonia McLean. With the forecast for a hot day, God blessed us with a lovely, cool breeze, and Sonia blessed us with a huge rotunda for us to sit under. Many thanks to Sonia and Linda for their kind support and creative expertise in preparing the refreshments, food, and table decoration.
We have a strong sense of anticipation of great things happening this year – for ourselves and our families, as well as for those in our local community. This year we have a range of activities to promote support of and fellowship with, each other and with the wonderful women in our community. Let’s be that caring support for those who are wounded and lost in our community. Let’s be Jesus to all those around us.
We want to see women:
1. Feel accepted and know they are loved and cared for.
2. Come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and grow in their relationship with him and with others.
3. Be led by the Holy Spirit and go out with empowerment, impacting, helping and supporting our wonderful community.
4. Praying for and supporting overseas missions and needs.
As we aim to reach and connect women of all ages, cultures and environments while sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, we certainly look forward to doing life with you tin 2017.
This year we now have a team of leaders at Empowering Women. My team leaders are Carrie Tester, Di Micallef, Louise Hobson, Martha Divola, and Sonia McLean. I look forward to working with these ladies. Linda Horwood has offered to be the leaders’ support person and help out in any way she can. Thanks Linda!
There are a number of new things happening at Empowering Women. They include:
* BIRTHDAY CARDS – We want to show our love and care by sending you a birthday card on your birthday. If you would enjoy that, please email me your birth date (dd//mm) ASAP. We don’t want you to miss out!
If you would prefer not to receive one, please just email me ‘no’. Thanks. Please ensure you let me know your latest address and phone number so we can check with the church directory. Unfortunately, there have been a few mistakes in email addresses etc. Ethel Jackson is willing to support us by giving or sending out our Birthday Cards. Thank you Ethel!
* MEALS FOR THOSE IN NEED – If you enjoy cooking, there is an avenue to bless others by doing a few meals and freezing them for a later date. Please see Di Micallef for the alfoil meal trays and Barb for room in her freezer. A huge thank you to Jo Rolston for walking with God these past years and cooking for those in need. We look forward to working with her again this year.
* VISITING THE SICK – At home and in hospital. There will be openings for those of you who enjoy visiting the sick or incapacitated. Please see Di Micallef if you would like to help.
* TEXTS OR PHONE CALLS – If we haven’t seen you in a couple of weeks, we will contact to see what’s happening in your world.
* MISSIONS – One of NCCCs missions outreach is Care Outreach. We will be holding a number of fundraising events to help them out. The church also has a Sponsor Child and we will be looking at helping her out as well. Please let us know if you are interested in helping out in this field.
In addition to these, we have a number of activities and events this year.:
Wednesday 15th Feb @ 10am we will be meeting at the Arts Centre 193 Sunderland Drive, Banksia Beachand then on to Seaside Museum, 1 South Esplanade Bongaree. We will be having a light lunch at a local cafe after. Any enquiries: Barb 0412 508 684
Wednesday 8th March @ 10am – Morning Tea @ Creekside Cafe, 793 Oakey Flat Rd Burpengary. Come along, bring a friend, and spend some time over a cuppa.
Friday 31st March @ 7pm – Centre 3Sixteen @ 20 North Shore Dve. Burpengary. Cuppa and Supper. Entry is a gold coin donation. Bring along any items from home that you would like to donate to a trade table which we will be having in the following month. The funds from the table will go to one of our Missions arm, ‘Care Outreach’. Please ensure the items are in great order and sale-able. Bring friends along and enjoy the night.
Saturday 22nd April @ 6.30pm – PAMPER NIGHT @ Centre 3Sixteen – Come along and be thoroughly pampered with nibblies and refreshments. We will be having hand, foot and shoulder massages and some more pampering…Numbers are limited, so please get in quickly! Cost is $18 per person and $15 for pensioners. Please RSVP Barb on 0412 508 684
Saturday 3rd June @ 10.30am – Come and tour the beautiful Lindmar Gardens, 130 Blewers Rd. Morayfield. Entry fee $7. with light refreshments on sale. Please contact Barb 0412 508 684 if you would like to attend.
We are also investigating other events/activities where we can help out those in the community who are in need. Watch this space…….
Please check your emails regularly, as I will be updating the events as we proceed during the year.
**Also, as from WEDNESDAY 22nd March, Carrie Tester will be holding an Empowering Women’s Life Group each Wednesday at her home from 10am to 11.30am. Call her on 0447 218 216 for details. The group firstly, will be doing, ‘Having a Mary Heart’ DVD and Bible Study. Come along and enjoy your time in God’s Word, fellowship and building friendships. Carrie is waiting for your call.**
**Social Group for women has started. So if you are interested in getting together with other women around a cuppa, please contact Annette on 0421 355 422.**
Love and Blessings